Thursday, July 29, 2010

 

Ford, Littlehampton and the Sistine Chapel.

Life is all out of order - and so are my blog postings.
I have to admit that today I hit the "marathon wall" - there comes a point when you feel you can't take much more.
But life is for living and after some relaxation I am feeling stronger, but glad that tomorrow will be a rest day.

Today's blog is about today - that means I have missed out days which I will catch up on - and even today's blog is not in the correct order!

We began the day at Ford. We breakfasted in Littlehampton, played on the beach and then visited the sistine chapel.
A complete reproduction of the famous ceiling painting has been done in the last 20 years by an artist in a very dull looking church(from the outside) in Goring by Sea.

We begin today's blog in Goring.
Photography was not allowed, so my images are from scanned post cards and the internet.







And now back to the beginning of the day.
It was thought that it might be boring for Ecky at Ford - the Thursday sale tends to be antiques dealers and traders, not selling the sort of things that would appeal to her.
She took the camera with her.
But in fact Ecky did the best of all of us - a vast number of unopened Dr Who magazines with their so called free gifts, Pokemon toys, books and a little black dress (which I personally didn't like that much - but she did).
And she took photos of all sorts of other things which she might have wanted if there was unlimited money and unlimited space.
It is like a photo essay about the car boot sale.




















Now perhaps you can see why I find so little for me to buy when at a car boot sale with Ecky - my eyes are taken to all sorts of other things, which in no way would I want to buy for I know I could not sell them on at a profit.
After our breakfast, it was time to feed the swans.



Playing on the sand.


Collecting water for sand play.

I have spent much of the rest of day relaxing and snoozing.
I was asleep on the sofa this evening - whilst Ecky was able to be awake to see the end of a programmes about the history of girl guides.

Labels: , ,