Saturday, July 24, 2010

 

Saturday car boot sales

Today has been a car boot sale day.
And a lacking in energy day - again!
I want my energy back - and my feeling of well being.

The first boot sale was at Faygate.
I bought a few things for sale - and I bought a chair.
Last week in Ikea I was persuaded that we didn't need the basket chair on sale - where would we put it?
Well, when I saw it again in the field this morning in perfect condition for £10, I felt I couldn't leave it there. Actually it slots in very well.



Ecky also found some treasures this morning.


The blue Beanie bear joined her large family this morning - the others arrived this afternoon.


Best treasure of all seems to be a huge book of statistics about Pokemon.
This afternoon we went to Edenbridge. It was very hot - it feels odd to me that I am not coping very well with that heat at the moment.


I bought the old flour bin and the modern weighing scales, in an old style.

I bought 10 Ladybird books.
There are collectors of the old Ladybirds. I only buy those that have their dust wrappers.
I particularly like the ones that reflect the age when they were published - like Telling the Time.

This morning at Faygate I bought something for Bill to sell. He had stayed at home.
I was standing by a late arrival table and and out came a Mamod stationary steam engine. The man said he wanted £35 - what should I do? I had stupidly left my phone at home.
Then I said "At £30 I will take the risk". The man replied "At £30 I will sell it".
And it shows what I know about stationary engines.....it isn't a Mamod its a Wilesco, which is better than a Mamod.
We came home from Edenbridge via the Co-op there.
We bought Del Monte ice lollies!
Then it was home for a cup of tea - and for me to fall asleep.
I stirred myself for a refreshing shower and hair wash.
And I talked to Jessica on her birthday - and talked to John and Jamie and Mam too.
Jessica did some writing chat to me - the first time I have seen that.
Jamie had the work lap top at home and so I could see them.
That was so good.
I have promised that we will have a camera by next weekend.
Right - time for bed soon.
Ashley and Ecky have a busy day tomorrow. They catch a train at quarter to nine to go to London for the Dr Who Prom and an afternoon at an exhibition in the park.
Bill and I will go to a late car boot sale and then there will be a Grand Prix and the last stage of Le Tour de France.
Now scroll down a little further to see a posting I did earlier with photographs of yesterday.

Labels: ,