Saturday, July 17, 2010

 

Down.

I have really felt far too tired for today.
Tired and fragile.
I seem to be hitting too many times like this - makes me feel nervous.

I was very much lacking in sleep, it is true. I don't know why last night should have been such a restless night. It was for both of us.

But I had so looked forward to going to Ford - and off we went. Perhaps we shouldn't have.
I found very little to buy. There can be a number of reasons - the first being that nobody had much that I actually wanted to buy. But it could also have been because my brain and imagination had shut down.

By the time we reached The Balaton I was feeling queasy - hungry maybe?
I ate my food - but the tastiness wasn't there.
We walked by the river as far as the lifeboat station. Bill likes the tea marketed as Lifeboat Tea and he likes the fact that some profit goes towards the lifeboat service.
We enjoyed the family of swans on the lifeboat slipway.


Somebody, maybe a lifeboat man had put down food for the cygnets and a container of water too.

By this time I had totally had enough. We didn't walk to the beach.
We drove home.
As soon as I was in the door I lay down on the sofa and slept for an hour and a half.

I roused myself later to wrap more things for EBay and to deal with invoices and payments.
There were lots of good sales.....and that airfix kit that I mentioned? It did go above £74! We can hardly believe it - the winning bid was £102.
Bill had realised it was a rare kit - but had no inkling that he could sell for this much.

I have hardly eaten anything else - I still feel queasy and I have some pain (not strong). It is the same pain that I first knew nearly 20 years ago - connected with pancreatitis.

I did take a couple of photos of the lounge/living room.


Bill constructed the new chair and footstool this afternoon.
I think he will be able to doze there very successfully!
The new little table is by the side of the chair - very simple, but attractive.




This shows the other end of the room.
Harry the cat has taken over that chair, so a white towel is kept on it.

You will appreciate my fragility when I say that I am considering not getting up early to go to a car boot sale in the morning.
There is only time to go to Pease Pottage anyway.
We are timekeeping tomorrow at a long and demanding match for the young athletes.
I have managed to pass the job of being chief timekeeper to somebody else - which is a blessing. If I still feel like this I might not be able to go at all.
But I do my best not to allow my health to interfere with life.
But I do remember the old cliche about "listening to one's body" and I know my body has a lot it needs to tell me right now.