Friday, July 09, 2010

 

Friday - pottering on.

I slept for about 10 hours last night.
But I am still yawning this evening.
I hope that whatever it is that is causing this will settle down soon.
It does seem likely that it might be raised levels of potassium.
Sorry to repeat myself to some - but I have discovered more about raised levels of potassium.
I knew that it was a potentially dangerous situation - and I was watched and helped very seriously when I experienced it so badly - three separate stays in hospital.
Yesterday I learned of a way that high potassium is legally used to kill.
God, that sounds awful!
People on death row in the USA, if sent to their deaths by injection will be given as their last injection potassium chloride to stop the heart.
Scary eh?

So, I have taken it easy today.
I sat out in the garden and prepared vegetables for dinner - which were boiled to death as my potassium diet sheets suggest that I should.

There was an enforced sit down this afternoon when Isobel came round to discuss failing phone lines and the world, universe and everything.
BT are sending messages to her mobile about progress of a repair - but all they say is "Sorry - things will take longer than we thought!"
The latest message actually informed her that all would be well by midnight tonight.
Oh yes?
There is a hole in the pavement at the far end of our row of houses now.

I did a little ironing later in the afternoon.

And I saw a great nephew on TV! Jo, our niece let us know that Ryan would be on one of the awful shopping channels!
They were trying to sell home hair dressing kits.
Ryan, aged 11, was one of the models to show all that could be done - and he got a good hair cut.
I don't yet know how he came to be involved in this.

Tomorrow I must get back to some sort of work. I shall go to the Faygate car boot sale - just a small one and not usually very useful to me.
Later in the day we are timekeeping for a men's southern league match at the local track.
One of us will be chief.

Time for bed soon.....its only half past nine!