Tuesday, June 29, 2010

 

Raindrops on Poppies

Guess what?
I am so tired!
More tired than yesterday evening.
I am not sleeping through the night at the moment - come 4 o'clock, I am awake.
I took an antihistamine to help me, maybe, get a longer night. Perhaps it has kicked in a little earlier than I would have wished.
Or maybe I am just tired.

I have plodded on today, but not really achieving enough.
I am happy that the dining room table is now clear.
I t did take a while to clean up one of the items - the 1950's file for storing 45s.
You can see a picture of it on the shop blog.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/
My theme was the heat of the summer.

Today has been a bit cooler - but without the sunshine for much it, the air felt very muggy.
We had a little rain this morning - not enough to benefit the plants.
One consolation of summer rain is that raindrops can look fantastic on the lush summer greens and flowers.


Here is one of our poppies.

Bill has been busy today.
The wall which is was a dull coffee colour is now cream - or "ice cream" as the name on the tin suggests.
Bill has taken up a little bit of the carpet - after 36 years there are problems.
It was laid on the cheap black floor tiles that were provided with this house.
As he lifts carpet, the tiles start to break.

I hope that the man and son coming to fit the new carpet might know best how to lift the old one.
Bill will have to dispose of it - we can take things to the dump, as private householders for free. If the man and son take it, as business people they would have to pay.
Shame really cos when they finish with us they will return to their place, which is about 50 yards from the entrance to the dump.

If you have the time do have a look at Jamie's blog.
His most recent posting on the Phuket blog is about Radar Hill. The first time he went there was with us, 4 years ago.
His words and pictures tell a good story.
And once on that page you will see a web site for Flickr, where he puts photos. The most recent show the local village festival. Kathu (Katoo) was once the centre of the tin mining industry on Phuket and there were many Chinese immigrants who settled on the island.
Jamie has some really good observational pictures and some enhanced superbly with great techniques.
https://www.jamiesphuketblog.com/

That's it for today.

Labels: