Thursday, June 24, 2010

 

Falling asleep again....never wanted to. Can't help it!

My body has decided once again to issues orders.
I think it has been attempting to get through to me for weeks - but brain was not in gear.
So, I am back to the no wheat, no gluten regime. Tough, but I am looking forward to improved well being.
I have been so tired today. That is my fault. I was having a bad night with the "gipping flut" and in the end took tablets and antihistamine to give me some sleep.
The trouble is that I know the antihistamines tend to make me want to sleep about 12 hours after taking them.

It was a good morning - but we didn't do as much as planned.
The weather was wonderful and I enjoyed being at Ford.
The Thursday boot sale is very relaxed and peaceful.
I think I bought well - you can judge for yourself when you see the pictures at the end.
We actually made a sale as well. We were chatting to a book dealer - selling books for 25p each. So, he knew we had books in the car to take to the Oxfam shop. He said he would love to make an offer on them.
We got very little, because he protested that he didn't really need most of them - but £3 is not to be turned down.

Then it was time for breakfast in The Balaton at our favourite table by the window over looking the river, which this morning was at high tide.
Later we walked along to enjoy the sparkly sea.
The air was good.
But we didn't have the energy to enjoy anywhere else.
And Bill had things he wanted to get on with.

This afternoon the shelf unit down one length of the lounge has been cleared.
It was mostly records this afternoon.
Which ones would we ever listen to again?
We have probably kept some for sentimental reasons - but there is a vast pile to be taken to a charity shop tomorrow. Some record dealer will have a field day.
Now we have the other long length of the room to deal with - my family history commorative china, many more books and all sorts of odds and ends.
We are being very brutal - if there is no good reason for keeping something, then it will go.

Others with little energy this afternoon must have been those two tennis players who finally brought their epic match to a result.Of course it seemed cruel that somebody should lose. But I was happy that the Wimbledon committee saw fit to make awards to both the players to mark the fact that they had played out something unique.

I haven't written up any of my purchases yet - all still strewn across the dining room table.

There is very much a 1950s/60s theme dominating.
The tray is in wonderful condition.
I think the black and yellow pouffe will polish up well.


I was going to say that everyone would remember the Max Factor animal perfume bottles, but of course most people are not as old as me.
I think the cat bottles date from the very early 1960's.
It was about 1959 when I worked one Christmas at the local Co-op department store, selling items suitable to give at Christmas.
That year the Max Factor perfumes were sold with black or white poodles.
The salt and pepper pot have a Clarice Cliff signature, but I think they have been reproduced for the C C collector's club.
I just couldn't resist these hand made and hand emboidered baby's bootees.
What love went into them!
I am still yawning.

Labels: ,