Wednesday, June 16, 2010

 

A day of rest and last memories of Bodnant.

There is not very much to say about today.
It has been an oasis of not doing very much - between the past days of athletics and buying and selling and the next few days of having a new floor in the kitchen, more athletics and more buying and selling.

This morning we took the advice of the doctor and had a walk. It was not a specially interesting walk for we had things to do en route.
We needed to go to the post office to withdraw money to pay the floorman and we needed to buy some milk.

I guess we might have covered 2 miles. It was actually quite warm, but the strong wind from the north made it feel a bit chilly if the sun was hidden behind a cloud.

This afternoon I described half a dozen things for EBay.
The old toffee tin with a picture of horses going over one of the high jumps of The Grand National has already attracted some interest.

I have done a shop blog today.
My interest is waning a bit - surely not because of that electricity bill, mentioned yesterday.
I guess I do start to wonder what future the shop has.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

I think my computer will be out of action whilst the floor is being done - not sure if I can wheel it back tomorrow evening.
Never mind I can always use Bill's.

Now back to Wales for the last time - until about November, when we will make our next trip there.

Today I am using my Bodnant pictures, which show the beautiful gardens - but most of all show people.


Yesterday you might have seen me enjoying the fantastic laburnum walk.


Now you can see Liz and Ecky.
I love this picture.


Shortly before we left, nearly at closing time, I returned to the laburnums and hooray - an almost clear view.
This is not the complete length, because one obstinate person just would not move about 20 yards along, so I moved alongside them to take the picture.


There was much to experience.


Yes - I did flower pictures too.


And Liz had her notebook out to jot down a few plant names.
Poor Liz!
Her garden is even smaller than ours.


Bodnant House was built to enjoy tremendous views across the valley to the lower slopes of Snowdonia.


Ashley and Liz play on the rickety bridge.


Now they are all playing on the stepping stones.


This is a meconopsis. It is known as the Welsh poppy.
It is the only example of this species that grows in the UK - all others are in the Himalayan regions.

Typical poppy - gaudy and showy and wonderful.


I enjoyed a rest when we had climbed back up to the terraces. Liz borrowed my camera and set about photographing water lilies and damsel flies - just like Bill.


Ecky also borrowed the camera - I have chosen to use a couple of pictures she took of people.


Look - we have met up with Bill again.




Two lovely mother and daughter pictures.
So, tomorrow morning (early) the floorman cometh!
Not the original one of course - have not seen him for months.

Labels: ,