Wednesday, June 09, 2010

 

Stay at home day - but Beaumaris last Wednesday.

Mustn't grumble!
We have had no rain today - but it is not quite warm enough and I am beginning to think about reaching for my socks, and it is not yet half past five.
But I do suffer with the cold.
Even walking by the open fridges in the supermarket causes the back of my hands to have pin pricks of cold sensations. Sometimes if I walk into the garden on a cold morning I wonder if rain is falling as I feel cold spottles on the back of my hand.
Ah well - something else to ask Dr O about!

I have not been out today - well, not further than the dust bin.
I decided to work hard on photos, so that Bill has the freedom to start preparing pages for our albums whenever he feels ready.
It has been pleasant just wallowing in memories - if only of a few days ago.

Frieda was round for a cup of tea this afternoon.
"I don't understand things" she declared.
"I don't understand why we are in Afghanistan"
Try explaining that in 2 minutes in words of one syllable!
But I did mention that apart from being a possible centre for terrorism it is a country dominated by the expectations of the men who organise the drugs trade.
I suggested that it might be better to take drugs out of the hands of the criminals. After all, I told her, people throughout the world and throughout history have resorted to mind changing drugs - even Queen Victoria.
"Oh my goodness, I didn't know that" she gasped.
So I looked it up.
Opium, Cannabis, Coca Wine, Chloroform - those seem to have been her substances of choice.
George V favoured cocaine with his opium!
Now, I didn't know about his drug habits.

This morning I had a good chin - wag with Jo about the running of the shop.
Of course there is very little one can do to avoid the attentions of determined thieves.
The antiques centre opposite ours was hit much harder over the weekend when £15,000 worth of jewellery was stolen from a cabinet.
Makes my £65 seem almost as nothing.

And so back to Wales.
I was determined I didn't want to spend a long time on our first evening in the kitchen - perhaps a ready meal from Marks would suit us, I thought.
But I was not impressed - their ready meals didn't seem any better than those in Asda and were twice the price.
It was a lovely evening, so I suggested we went and ate fish and chips somewhere beautiful.
And Beaumaris (on Anglesey) was our choice.


Oh thank you seagull!
You turned a fairly dull photograph into something a little bit special as I looked towards the yachts and Great Orme.

Bill and Ashley waited for our fish and chips to be ready and Ecky and I wandered to a little playground by the pier.






That is the fairly grand Bulkely Hotel behind Ecky.
But it is not so grand that it doesn't allow people in to use their toilets.
Thank you hotel.
And whilst there Ashley bought a second hand book on a Lions book stall.


The mountains of North Wales across the water.


Meal time - and very tasty it was too.
And what a view!





The sun was getting low over the castle by the time we left.
There will be more castle pictures another time.
I am looking forward to some busier days now - and probably more photographic activity.
Perhaps my camera is my addiction!

Labels: , ,