Sunday, June 20, 2010

 

Bootsale buys.

I will tell of the this day through my pictures.
But the pictures can't portray how chilly it felt early this morning - people everywhere were talking of it.
At Pease Pottage we were not just chilly, but also despondent.
Nothing to buy!
I bought just one 50p book to sell.
And I bought 2 white tops for me and a T shirt for Ashley.

Soon we were on our way a little further south to the boot sale at Poynings, in a field below Devil's Dyke.
It is a devil of a field - on a slope and rutted.
But I was pleased to have the shopping trolley with me, for we ended up well loaded.


This was my first buy. I nearly didn't bother, because the man wanted £7 for it "It was my mother's" he said.
But I liked it - it is so like the traditional honey pot. And I did understand that the mother's treasures must mean a lot to a son - and at £7, there was still some profit for me.


I bought these bottles yesterday.
You can clearly see the brown one is from a Dorking brewery.
The other one is from Guildford,


I mentioned the flour bags yesterday - also bought at Faygate.


I bought a few things from one stall today at Poynings and we chatted for a while with the stall holders.
The things I bought are not very old - made yesterday!
Though I do wonder if the glass in the lanterns is old.


I think they are attractive and will enhance my area in the shop and I would be quite happy to have a couple of them on display somewhere at home - if they didn't sell.
But as I only paid £2.50 each for them, my selling price can be low enough to tempt the Dorking buyers.


The knocker and the cupboard, from the same couple, are also recently made.
The cupboard has slots inside to take CDs - but I feel it has many more uses.
I think the wood has been recycled from an older piece of pine furniture.
We continued to buy clothes.
I think Ashley has 6 T shirts waiting for him, so he needn't pack any when he comes to visit.
Bill bought T shirts, a sweatshirt and lovely jumper.
I have a pile of interesting things - so I have another new outfit to wear to the shop tomorrow.
I found some High School Musical three quarter length trousers for Ecky - which could be worn with the T shirt I bought for her yesterday.


Today we also bought jam and chutney.
There is rhubarb and mandarin chutney, rhubarb and elderflower jam and also kiwifruit and yellow plum jam.
Thank you lady from Cuckfield for supplying us with these interesting items.
This afternoon I did the ironing whilst enjoying the athletics - what we used to call The Europa Cup. GB did well, coming 2nd behind Russia.
I have not yet written up my purchases - I think I will do it whilst at the shop tomorrow and then attempt to get things slotted in.
After I had taken photos of some of the weekend's treasures, I turned the camera briefly on the garden.

The garden is beginning to remind me of a gaudy, blousy, over the top, heart of gold wench!
It is all colour and a bit out of control.
We bought 4 geraniums this morning for 50p each.


This little standard rose was from a boot sale last summer.
It is doing really well this year.


Foxgloves are old friends - sprouting up to see us this time every year.
I like perennials.


Bill came out to refill the bird feeders.
We could hear the young tits in Solly's tree. Bless them, they just couldn't wait to get eating again and came down to feed just a couple of feet from us.
Well we are also fed and watered.
I did a mashed carrot, squash and sweet potato mash with nutmeg and whole grain mustard this evening, which turned out very well indeed.
There are no left overs for tomorrow!
We watched a programme about clouds this evening, presented by the man who runs the Cloud Appreciation Society. We will join this society I think - it will only cost £4. Maybe I can even learn to love the nimbo stratus clouds, otherwide known as gloomy grey.
So, time for a cup of tea and off to bed soon.

Labels: