Thursday, June 17, 2010

 

Sleep. Floor. Ruben. Lunch.

Today's posting will be much shorter than I intended - for a couple of reasons.
Firstly there is sleep.
I have been dozing on and off all afternoon and evening.
And when I am awake I feel totally drained.
Secondly, there should be pictures and there are none.
I took my camera out, but all the chips were left at home.
I look forward to receiving some copies of photos that other people took.

Back to the beginning.
Bill got up early and dealt with emptying the kitchen/dining room.
The washing machine was moved out - for the 3rd time this year.
The table had to have legs removed in order to get it out of the room.
I knew none of this, I was deeply asleep until 8 o'clock.
I got up quickly - Glenn was due to arrive.
Glenn is floorman the second. He has ousted the previous one - who has not been able to turn up or contact.
Glenn is a worker and much has been done during the day.
And I very much like what I see.
All that remains to do is the little area by the back door and finishing off all the edges.
The kitchen floor is now lovely wood panelling.

We enjoyed a very good lunch out and so enjoyed the opportunity to meet one of our great nephews (Ruben) who is a real charmer.
We went to Goffs Manor and sat out in the garden with Bill's sisters Julie and Jane and Jane's husband Geoff - and best of all Julie's son Stephen, wife Fiona and little Ruben.
They live in Switzerland, so we don't see them very often.
The sun shone and we enjoyed salmon fishcakes.
Perhaps I should not have drunk wine - maybe that is what knocked me; though I tend to think it is just life.
And my body ached after almost 3 hours - I don't cope well with the traditional style picnic tables bench seats.
It is not far from home - less than a mile. But it was an opportunity for a walk.... just like the doctor ordered.
Of course I wanted to take photos of Ruben - but was not able to.
We have seen lots on facebook, so have been able to track his progress as he grows.
We heard that we are expecting another Monk great nephew or niece before the month is out - Scott and wife/partner are expecting very soon.
So our tally very soon will be 34.

Well, bed time soon.
I hope I feel more lively tomorrow.

Labels: ,