Friday, June 18, 2010

 

Football

Should I laugh or should I cry?
I am certainly having a laugh at the Radio 5 commentary on the England match.
"shambles" "pathetic" " a long way to come to watch this drivel"
Is it unpatriotic for me to hope that in the next few minutes England fail to score?
Quality deserves success and I fear the drivel could just get it.
"feeble, every single one of them"

But there have been good things today.
I am really enjoying glancing round the kitchen which now has a wooden panelled floor.
Love it!

I have worked with all my stock in the garage. My stock check is now complete. I now know where everything listed as being current stock is.
This afternoon I wrote a new list for all the Shire books that I have - 86 of them.
I am not sure that I have room for them in Dorking.
I watched a more entertaining football match whilst I was busy with books.
It almost seemed like Slovenia might beat the USA - a happy thought.
Slovenia is a charming, beautiful little country. Interesting fact - the population of Slovenia is only one third that of the city they were playing the match in.
But the USA fought back, and I have to concede their disallowed goal probably should have won them the game.

This afternoon I also sorted out the team of officials and their duties for the meeting tomorrow.
It is an south eastern inter counties schools match at the Horsham track.
I don't think it will be a hard match to deal with, but we are rather short of timekeepers it seems.

This morning we went to the farm for eggs and also bought some venison and red wine sausages.
Our main shopping was in Asda.

Eight more minutes to go....."they've all had a poor game" "lamentable"
Oh come on Algeria, put us all out of our misery!

The referee has ended it.
The spectators are booing.
I hate to say it - but - "I told you so". At least I was telling Gerry at last week's athletics meeting.... I told him that the England team were not actually any good and Gerry scoffed.

Oh well, time for a cheering cup of tea. Goodnight.