Saturday, June 19, 2010

 

Athletics


Your country needs you! Oh and I mean England, not Thailand.
Sorry - I forgot....John has a brain, so probably that rules him out of the England squad!

I started the day with a trip to Faygate for the small car boot sale - Bill decided not to bother.
I came home loaded with things for Ashley and Ecky - clothes mainly.
There were also clothes for us.
Bill gets bored with hunting for clothes, but today I felt a little freer for searching.


I also got some things to sell. I am really delighted with 2 cloth bags for MacDougall's self raising flour. I am not sure when the cloth bags stopped being used. I'll photograph them tomorrow and maybe somebody can comment on a possible date.



Whilst at the boot sale a fleet of police cars, fire engines etc sped along the road and the air ambulance came in too. Somebody along the road was in a bad way. I never like knowing of these things.
The dual carriage way road to Horsham was completely closed.
It remained like that for some hours - certainly at the time we wanted to drive to Horsham.
We took the country road, through Colgate - absolutely full of traffic that had been diverted.

Our destination was the Broadbridge Heath track.
About 10 minutes before the meeting was due to start, I realised that my 7 timekeepers was in fact only 6.
So some instant jiggling with the duty sheet was required.
The others stepped in gallantly to take on extra duties.
The racing was good - the only disappointment was that Sussex came 4th.
But we are a small county (in terms of population) compared with Surrey, Kent or Hampshire.



After the meeting we popped into Tescos by the track and (oh excitement!) bought a new back door mat. We also bought a mop for keeping the new floor clean - one designed for wooden floors, not one that spreads masses of soapy water over the floor.



That's it - I feel tired. I have been over indulging in bread lately, including today - sandwiches were the provided lunch.
I think I had better ease off - it gives me tummy ache badly after too much. This gives me a head ache and makes me feel generally fragile.
I can get away with a little bread sometimes - but then I want more.



Weather forecast is good (ish) for tomorrow and I look forward to more hunting.
If only the north east wind would die down. I wore a hat at the track today, just to keep the hair out of my face.

Labels: ,