Tuesday, June 22, 2010

 

Chores day Tuesday.

This has been a day of chores - and feeling rather tired.

I dealt with some EBay sales and then we posted parcels.

The next stop was B & Q. Bill had bought too much wood for the floor - I guess that is why its best to call in a professional right from the start.
We were expecting to get our money back on 4 packs.
At first there was a problem - returns are supposed to be done within 45 days.
Well we couldn't do that because we were waiting for Mick the floorman.
The manager then agreed that we could have a credit note, but not cash.
We then set about spending a little of it.
Bill wanted brass strips to go along by the doors at the edge of the wood flooring and we also looked at a mat for my computer and office chair to sit on - the one we bought was a bit too big, but looks very well on the wood floor.

The next stop was the council rubbish dump.
But our mind was still on flooring.
Bill has talked of replacing the carpet in our lounge for a while. But you know me - make do with things. And Bill would always add "the trouble is, there is so much to move". "Well," I thought, "we don't want any trouble.
But the carpet has been down since November 1974 - 36 years, and it is rather thin in places.
Bill I think wants to get everything straight whilst he can.
The people who did our stair carpet have a little showroom close by the dump - we had to pass it.
So we stopped.
The husband and wife who run this set up - just the two of them and one son are very pleasant and helpful.
Before we knew it we had agreed that Mr Carpet would come and measure up today, which he has done.
We have a couple of weeks to clear all the shelves, which are free standing and will have to be moved - these are the shelves which Bill constructed many years ago and have served us very well - and will continue to do so.
Though perhaps there might be a little less on them - time for a bit more clearing out.

This afternoon I had a blood test. Now lets hope I get a blood test result.
The blood has to be specially treated for this test and the results don't come back for a couple of weeks. Twice now there has been no result.

We popped into Asda to get milk and rice cakes.
We also bought some smoked haddock from the "sell by date bay".
I planned to use it tomorrow - but we have commitments tomorrow, so although I felt rough I did it today.
I made 2 fish pies.

We have also picked up medication from the chemist.

And I enjoyed completing another blog posting about the shop.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

I have not given much attention to The Budget - read about it on the computer.
We could be very badly affected.
I have long felt that maybe I was no longer entitled to my health benefits.
I did once try to get the amount paid cut - but was told that perhaps I should be having more.
I shrugged my shoulders and accepted what had been offered - and offered for life.
I suppose when it was awarded to me my life span was expected to be quite short.
In 3 years time, both new and existing claimants will have to be assessed.
I expect to lose quite a sizeable benefit.
Ah well - its what I deserve.