Saturday, June 26, 2010

 

Working, yet relaxing.

The sun has shone and the day has been relaxing.
Tomorrow is predicted to be even hotter.

I got up early and went to the Faygate boot sale and just like last Saturday I bought mostly clothes.
Lots of good quality T shirts/polo shirts, mainly for Ashley at 50p a time.
Bill and I banter about what is and what is not a T shirt. He says it is only a T shirt if it has a round neck and no collar.
There were some bits for me and Bill too, but not much.
I bought chutney, apricots and strawberries.
I bought just 2 things for selling on.

We were at the track by just gone half past twelve.
I was chief timekeeper at a Southern Women's League match.
And what a lovely team of timekeepers I had.
There was Bill of course and two men from Exeter, one from Brighton and one from Blackheath.
There should be timekeepers from the 8 competing clubs, but that rarely happens and today we had enough.
My men were fit and healthy - though older than I had assumed.
Perhaps that is just a sign of me getting older.
John from Exeter was surely no older than Bill - but it turns out he is 82 and has had triple by pass surgery.
The other timekeeper from Exeter was tall and slim with flowing locks - very hippy! Turned out he is 58.
The programme for this match is very laid back, so there was time for fetching drinks and chatting.
And Crawley won - which is really as it should be at a home fixture. It is so much easier to get young women out for a Saturday afternoon - providing they still have their Saturday evenings free.
They were not all young - but all over 17.
Jamie might be able to spot Ann Tulip (as was - now Bucket) in the photo.
Older than you Jamie!


She is standing next to the coloured girl.
I liked the way they all worked together and painted colours and the word Crawley on their legs. Some wore black and yellow ribbons in their hair.

Well done Crawley!

Well done Raffa too - my favourite tennis player had a hard match.
Well done Ghana - so far! It would be good to have an African nation proceeding in the world cup.

But for now it is time for supper - water melon and sorbet for me.

Labels: