Monday, July 12, 2010

 

A gentle Monday.

Monday morning again.
Sometimes the normal routines of a morning seem to take an age.
On mornings like this I tend to feel just a tad resentful that I have the extra chore of changing a stoma bag.
I want to just get up, don my clothes and get on with the day.
I got up at 7 o'clock, came downstairs and started the regular jobs, whilst making a cup of tea.
First make and drink my Questran - medication which should be taken at least an hour away from other medication.
Feed the cat, empty the washing machine and hang up laundry, sort out the breakfast, sort out all other medication for the day.
And today I turned on the computer quite early - a large digger had arrived on the medical centre site; check a few things before they break the fragile line that is holding my broadband I thought.
Fortunately the line is still functioning this evening - no telephone yet though.
And so it went on. I am not sure how it was over 2 hours after first getting up that we grabbed some breakfast.
Oh - and I am not really resentful about the stoma bag; I am grateful for it. Without it there would have been no Monday morning for me today, or any other morning.
And so we drove off to Dorking with a box of things ready to display on our shelves.
Today we would be without Julie - she was celebrating her birthday with her family. She is unwilling to let us know her age - she must be over 80, although she skits around like somebody younger.
It was a quieter day than normal. I should have had time to sort out some photos for a shop blog - but have left it until tomorrow, when we will be at the shop again.
We felt obliged to turn away the people who came in to sell us things.
I didn't want silver backed clothes brushes.
Though Bill did buy a couple of things from Monika.
There were lots of people to chat with - but few were buying much today.
It was a bad day for Bill and me - the first for ages when neither of us sold.
We did have Chris (man with no short term memory) in again today. He was in last Monday too.
He does get tedious. He has a repertoire of things he always says and always asks about.
"You remember me, don't you?"
"I'm a good customer I am aren't I?"
Do you know Storrington?"
Have you been to Brighton? Do you like The Lanes at Brighton?"
etc.
Then we're back to "You remember me don't you?"
He really loves to find a little treasure - always under £5 - today he found a bisque figure of a 19th century woman for £3. Not fine quality of course.
He could have a stab at reading the word "bisque" on the label, but said something like "bezique". Has he played bezique at some point in his life I wonder? I had to explain what "bisque" meant. And I wrote it down for him.
Much more enjoyable is chat with Monika.
And to have a quiet time chatting with Bill.
I tried to do a sudoku puzzle in a magazine - it said it was a difficult one and I failed.
We left dead on 5 o'clock - hooray! We would be home in time to see Neighbours.

I have played a bit of boggle this evening - one of my minor talents is words and I have an even greater talent for wasting time!

And tomorrow we get up and do it all over again.
Except that I won't have to change the stoma bag tomorrow morning (keep your fingers crossed!). A bag can last for 3 days, but I find it necessary to deal with it every 2 days - barring unforeseen leaks in the meantime!

Time for a cuppa. Goodnight.