Wednesday, July 14, 2010

 

Off day at home - very much on form at the track.

Strange day!
I have felt not very good for much of it and then, this evening, had to transform into Superwoman!
It started well enough.
My plan was to begin with the ironing - not a great deal, for many things are not ironed; but I do like a good finish to some of the things that we wear.
I almost looked forward to getting started - for I had a new iron.
I bought a cheap lightweight steam iron in Asda on Sunday - only £8.
It works very well - but I didn't work well.
Soon I felt quite wretched - bad headache and nausea. It was a kind of a migraine - I needed to lie down and cover my eyes, because light seemed too bright.
I was up and down - ironing a couple of items and then lying down again.
I did cook some lunch - I get an urge for food with this sort of condition.
After lunch I dozed.
I roused myself to do a shop blog.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/
This has led to a friend and I sharing memories of clock golf - and I was able to tell her that this can be played on a Wiltshire lawn.
This evening we had a commitment to be at the track - so, feeling run down and weak I set off.
And there discovered that I had to become superwoman!
I have spoken before of the lack of officials these days - this evening there were 2 timekeepers.....Bill and me.
It was a very hectic meeting for us officials - so many races, so little time.
We gave times for every athlete - somehow, and not always accurately.
I felt no concern that we might be giving a second rate service because we had electric timekeeping as well as us.
Electric timekeeping normally gives us an opportunity to check just how well we are doing - right down to the hundredth of a second. But we had no time to write down our hundredths.
Tomorrow I will look through all the electric times and see just how close (or far out) we might have been.
The last race was a complete challenge.
There was an invitation 100 metres for senior men and this was the final.
Eight very speedy athletes hurtle down the track and finish altogether within a couple of tenths of each other!
I confess Bill and I got actual times for only 2 of them.
That is where some skill at reading the race comes in.
Once home again, I realised that my head and body have not yet come round from whatever today's problems have been.
Time for bed.
Oh and by the way - it seems that our Prime Minister has seen fit to agree with last night's blog posting - about that Raoul Moat person.

Labels: