Tuesday, July 20, 2010

 

Mrs Mop and Mrs Posh.

I don't suppose that the people in the posh clothes shop I went in today knew that I was a bit of a scrubber!
Scrubbing has been my role today!

The shop was quiet all morning and having talked and drunk tea for ages we felt we should be doing something useful.
I decided that it had been some months since I last cleaned the floor in the back room where my unit is.
.
This part of the room is Terry and Emma's - taken during the winter.
It shows that cleaning the floor is a bit of a problem because floors are very useful for putting things on! It was not my intention to move very much.
First I washed the floor - not down on my hands and knees, for that is an impossibility for me. I was constantly bending instead.
Then I used some Mr Muscle cleaner and buffed it clean and dry with a cloth over a mop.
It really does look better.
I would have liked to have got down and with bleach and scourer removed the black marks where feet and things have marked the tiles a bit.
But energy faded away.
This afternoon was busier - I sold some bits of mine.
But all three of us, Jo, Bill and I popped out to do a few errands.
One of my errands was to visit the posh clothes shop.
A shop has opened a few doors up from Pilgrims with clothes for the larger, curvier woman.
Now I am not, these days, particularly large or curvaceous - certainly not in the right places!
But I do have a bit of a problem with bras......sorry this is a woman thing!
I am not over endowed in the bust department, but I do have a broad back and this means I need a large size bra just to go round me.
I thought I would see what Bodacious had to offer.
One of the women in there was a bra expert.
First of all she told me I was going for the wrong size of bra and the wrong type.
I don't like being in the wrong!
She didn't actually measure me - that would have happened surely if I had looked more positive.
Almost all the bras were under wired - so much better for one apparently.
I didn't think I wanted such a thing.
But I looked at some of the pretty creations, wondering about them; and taking an opportunity to glance at the price tag and not to portray to the woman that £50 was a little more than I had in mind!
Could have paid even more - another was £89!
Hell - I want 3 or 4 bras - and not a bank loan to pay for them.
Looks like I shall have to stay with my old and familiar style - which the woman instantly recognised (told you she knew about bras).
It is a Playtex bra and the style is Doreen - which just about sums up my bra requirements. I am not likely to buy something an Arabella might wear - Doreen is more my style.
Right - must get on. There are two more payments in to deal with.
Tomorrow we will be out looking for the fatted calf! We have to fill the food cupboard and fridge in preparation for the arrival of Ashley and Ecky on Thursday.
Asda and Lidl will provide all we need.

Labels: ,