Wednesday, July 21, 2010

 

Grandchildren

Today was shopping day.
We have not done a big shop for a little while.
We had our visitors in mind as we strolled round the aisles.
I have to say it - Ecky is a fussy eater and very limited in her choices of things she thinks are edible.
We have stocked up with Jolly Green Giant sweet corn, yellow peppers, cheap ham, white bread, sausage rolls, savoury eggs, Heinz spaghetti and found lots of little treats too.
And yes - the adults will eat too!

This afternoon I described 10 football programmes from the 1950s and 1960s.
I have a friend who makes his living selling such things, so I hope I have it right and these 10 will sell at a profit.
They are listed now.

I have been round to see Frieda with a card and gift. She is 89 years old today.
Yesterday was also a birthday - the day of a birth.
I have another great nephew. I don't yet know his name.
He would have been my brother Robin's grandchild - I guess he actually is a grandchild; though Robin died 30 years ago.
It is such a joy to me that I was spared to enjoy the arrival of my grand children and to be a part of their lives.
Jessica will be 9 years this weekend. How I wish that we were there to share it with her this year.
.
The very newest family member.
I have done a blog posting for Pilgrims Antiques.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/
And that is today done and dusted.

Labels: ,