Friday, July 23, 2010

 

Worn out on Day 1.

There should be photos!
There are photos, but they lie on the chip in the camera.
I am extraordinarily tired - did I just fall asleep?
And earlier on I didn't get to the computer.
Quite difficult having to ration computer time and share with a grand daughter!
Anyway - we have had a full day.
I enjoyed a skype chat with Jamie this morning....hooray he has a camera on the work lap top, so I could see him too. The time has come for us to get a camera so that he , and the children, can see us.
He will have the lap top at home tomorrow, so we could try again to wish Jessica a happy birthday.
But coinciding times when we are all at home can be difficult.

We took a picnic to a playground that has been constructed this year in the village of Leigh. We pass it when we take that route to or from Dorking.
There are interesting wooden pieces of equipment and huge lumps of tree to climb on.
In the event Ecky spent most of her time on the hammock swing.

Then we drove to a car park, from where we can walk up to the top of Leith Hill.
It always feels magical to me as one comes out of the thickly wooded slopes to see the fantastic view looking south.
The tower was open and we climbed the stone spiral staircase to the top - hooray, we are now over 1000 feet above sea level.
It was very hazy and it was not possible to pick out all the distant landmarks.

When we got back to the car park we decided to drive to Abinger Hammer, perhaps to find a tea shop or a seller of ice creams.
We found both - but opted for ice creams to be eaten on the green.
A green which had some swings.
My ice cream was superb - not made with cream or milk at all. I hadn't come across this one before. It was made by Del Monte - the tinned fruit people. It was nearly 30 per cent frozen raspberry juice.
Only 73 calories and tasted so good and was really refreshing.
Once home I enjoyed the cup of tea I had been craving and then cooked some dinner.
And then collapsed in a heap.
Tomorrow is another day - a car boot sale day and a day in which to sort some photos.
It is now 10 past ten and Ecky is desperately asking me to go and chat with her in bed.
I will go and chat for a short while and then climb into my own bed!