Wednesday, July 28, 2010

 

Life is almost to full to be able to record it.

By the time we got back from Wiltshire last night, my body and brain had had it!
I had no thought for my blog.
It was only during today that I tried to remember if I had posted a blog - and of course, I hadn't.
Yesterday was a good day with Roger and Sue.
We ate, we talked, we walked, we played hide and seek and we visited the museum - and also took photos. Ecky has been using my old camera and everything that passes in front of her eyes has to be photographed.
There are hours of work ahead to sort all our photos out - today there were very many more.
The village museum was opened specially for us by the curator (my brother).
He and Sue got out some dressing up clothes - in Victorian style. Ecky enjoyed dressing up and now wants a white cotton Victorian style dress!
I have just 3 photos ready so far.





This is a 1940s wedding hat. This is not a made up piece for children to use, this is the genuine article.
I decided I shouldn't take out the tissue paper used to keep the hat's shape, so it does perch on Ecky's head a bit higher than it should.
But she looks lovely anyway.
Today has been another long day.
This morning we drove into south east London to visit the Horniman Museum. I had not been sure how much time to set aside for the visit - bless Ecky, we could have stayed all day; or at least until the batteries in the camera ran out.
It was really good.
We had lunch there - sitting outside the lovely large conservatory.
That was really good too.
I paid more for a souvenirs from the shop that I expected - some lovely African style musical instruments. Better to have something of interest and quality than a worthless plastic thing.
We then went to see my niece Meg and baby Charlie.
Lots of cuddles with 11 week old Charlie.
We all went for a walk in Crystal Palace Park and saw the 150 year old statues of dinosaurs.
Ecky played in a children's playground for a while - in the sand pit mostly...digging for dinosaur bones.
We were home quite late.
Tomorrow we will be up early to go to Ford and Littlehampton and to view the Catholic Church at Goring by Sea which apparently has a ceiling in the manner of the Cistine Chapel.
We plan to be home for the afternoon and evening - I doubt I shall get any photos sorted, for Ecky has big plans for an afternoon of Pokemon map making.
Right - time for bed. I am exhausted, but quite exhilarated that we are all having such a full and interesting time.

Labels: ,