Sunday, February 09, 2014

 

The Rollercoaster

"Life is a roller coaster - just gotta ride it".....so sang Ronan Keating.
No, I don't think RK will become a guiding force behind my philosophy.......but that line does rather sum up how I am feeling about life today.
I can't say the last 2 days have been euphorically happy - but they were good days - as good as I can expect.
Today I felt like we had plunged down the slippery slope to awkwardness and me feeling anxious.
This afternoon was the last match in the West Sussex Under 15s sportshall athletics - a lively, noisy afternoon of competition. I enjoy it.
And I was pleased that Bill decided to come with me.
And then I regretted it!
He put on a good display of some of his AD behaviour.
Clapping loudly - not applause clapping, just loud echoey claps.
He clapped his thighs as he sat - loud and with great enthusiasm and a silly excited look on his face.
If I asked if could be a bit quieter to help me concentrate - he uttered his loud forced laugh......so forced it makes him cough.
In quieter moments he enjoyed following the line markings for all the various games that can be played in a gymnasium.
And in between, he timed second place runners in the races......and he did it accurately.
There were only 3 timekeepers today - Gerry and I pretty well got it all covered.
I don't panic and can keep all the paperwork up to date. I can take lots of times - but in tight finishes, Gerry is more accurate than me at taking multiple times.
The meeting ran to time.
I am proud of myself- I did really handle things well.
And all the people I know well understand about Bill's condition.
So much better to be a blabbermouth and let everybody know what is going on than be tight lipped and alone.
It is good to know they are all with me.
Gerry - with a bit of a reputation for bluntness was very sweet about Bill's condition.
Sweet? Gerry? Don't tell him I said so!
Being the final match, it was time to award the shields.
Well done Horsham - your lads were supreme.
And our girls beat the Brighton girls into 2nd place.

I came home to work........I now have legal documents listed on EBay.
I described them this morning and did more research.
And on closer inspection I found that I do not have anything connected to the Keppels of royal family fame.
I have a document detailing the sale of land and houses owned by Leah Koppel - alongside the Old Kent Road in London. The document provides details of her tenants and their agreements with her.
Leah and I have things in common then - I would always go for a collection of houses on Old Kent Road, when playing Monopoly. Cheap and cheerful, me!
We had a delicious chicken casserole which had been cooking in the slow cooker all day - and there will be seconds tomorrow!

Tomorrow I can chill out at the shop - well, freeze most likely!
Bill can have as much time as he wants in bed.
I have a few medical and solicitor related things to deal with from the shop as well as  sort out my shelves and hopefully sell some things too.








This page is powered by Blogger