Wednesday, February 05, 2014

 

Challenges

As predicted the rains came......and the strong winds came.
It was bad enough, but nothing like as bad as the west of the country has experienced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26044428

I am sure most of us in the UK have seen pictures of this railway line on the Devon coast.
Amazing.

I had planned to take some things to Dorking today that I had promised a customer would be there.
I had another motive as well - just to get Bill out of the house.
At first I thought he might refuse to come.
But he did accompany me....and then he and Steve went to the pub and Bill enjoyed a portion of cheesy chips.
I stayed and looked after the shop for a while.
And I re-arranged the bargain corner - good to keep it looking a bit different every week.

Once back from the pub, Bill was restless.
Tap, tap, bang bang.....a customer commented on his drumming.

We went home.

And dear customer, I then had to endure the tapping, drumming etc for some hours. I now watch TV with sub titles on, because I often lose track of the sound because of his noise.
It is annoying - but not a real problem, I guess.......nothing untoward!!!!
Bill's sister, who we actually saw at the doctor's yesterday is now in hospital. She has a number of issues and at this moment needs Intra veinous antibiotics for infected cellulitis in the legs.
And another hospital admittance today was for a little girl, a friend's grand daughter.
After surgery, she too will be on IV antibiotics.
She has orbital cellulitis - a cellulitis infection behind the eyes - hopefully only one eye.
I feel for both of them - particularly the little girl and her worried family.

So many challenges for people.
I feel tired, so my challenge feels tougher tonight.
But Bill, has already been in bed for a couple of hours; leaving me to write and watch TV in peace.
I love the comedy Outnumbered.
Then I watched 24 hours in A and E - more challenges for people.
All around the world tonight people are alone with their challenges - millions of them.
I am no different....except that I am blessed with being part of a world where support is at hand.

I will end with a laugh.....no, actually it is a tragedy - another challenge.
But Michael Rosen the children's author can turn it into a laugh.


http://mattpearson.org/2012/03/06/were-going-on-a-gove-hunt-2/

Written by Michael Rosen - who gave me the best hour of my teaching career; and it was the last hour.
What better way to end it than with Michael Rosen and the laughter of children?
Yes I am a Michael Rosen supporter.
Michael Gove - no way!
I can't find anybody to support him......though I guess his wife does.
Simplistic, mean, lacking in understanding, ridiculous and generally rather despicable!
Yes, he is quite a challenge.