Friday, April 05, 2013

 

Keeping warm with my memories.

I have not walked further than the garage today.....just a few paces.
So, I guess I don't actually know how cold it has felt.
I suspect it was hardly warmer than yesterday.....which was just awful!
Apparently we were amongst the coldest places in the country yesterday - temperature reached 2.6 degrees.


t has been a quiet day at home.
I made the morning cup of tea and took it, and my phone, to bed for a while.
I had a mission........

I knew that I should be able to use Skype on the phone.....another challenge for me.
So, how wonderful it was when I sent a message to Jamie and instantly got a reply.

Later we skyped again and he suggested another trip. We had talked of a guided tour on Sirey Island - reached by a bridge from the east side of Phuket Town.
We did a guided tour in Phuket Town in 2011 with 2 young women who have established a business.
One of them is doing a trip on the island, using bikes.
"What about the hills?" I asked.
No worries - the bikes have engines to take you up the hills.
It will include a cookery demonstration from a chef and other things......and ends with a meal.

This afternoon I prepared a second collage to be printed and framed for the children - Jess and John.
I have memories deeply embedded in my head - but the hundreds of pictures have proved very nostalgic and moving.







I felt quite emotional.
Moments like this have gone - never to return.
It was 2006.

























Time to make a drink.
We will have an early night.
There  could be some blue skies sometime tomorrow and we will go to Ford.....but it will be freezing, wind chill will make it feel about minus 4 degrees when we leave the house.


I hope this reads OK now.....I had inserted a very small piece about the Crawley temperatures yesterday and this played havoc with all the other text.