Thursday, April 04, 2013

 

Enough is enough!

The weather made me feel angry today......it just shouldn't be like this.
Now, don't get me wrong, I actually like snow - the world feels different under a blanket of snow.
But this is not the time for it!
We woke to greyness and chill.
During the morning powdery snow fell, driven by the wind.
At lunchtime - the powder turned to large flakes, whipped across the land by that wind.
It didn't last more than half an hour, ended with a mighty blizzard of powdery snow again......visibilty reduced dramatically.
Go away winter....do you hear me?

I was up reasonably early - not bad after a late night out. We didn't get home from our night out until well gone midnight.
I did the ironing before breakfast.
Well, almost all the ironing. As so often happens when I stand for any length of time, nausea set in and I felt quite faint.
There wasn't much to do....so I feel bad that I had to ask Bill to finish the last couple of items.

Later I did some more sorting of stuff for selling at a car boot sale.
It will all be done soon.

This afternoon I enjoyed looking back at Thailand photos.
I am preparing some framed photos for the children.
I have talked with Jamie about things we we will be doing there.
I am going to become a biker!
They want an overnight trip to one of the islands off Phuket, which can be explored more easily on a moped, which can be hired.
I will practise first on their home moped.
I am looking forward to it.....looking forward to so much of it.

We can leave this weather behind. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the weather will turn on the very day that we fly away from it.
I will be able to slip into a cotton dress and go out for tasty cheap meals.
We had the tasty (and fairly cheap meal) this evening - but had dressed up in coats and scarves.
I had the vegetarian curry in Horley Wetherspoons - sweet potato, chickpeas and spinach. We  had a lovely evening with J and R - lots of chat and laughter.
Mine was washed down with a pint of Guinness.

The Met. Office forecast for tomorrow promises us the dizzy heights of 6 degrees in the afternoon. Though, as ever, it will feel 5 or 6 degrees colder.