Friday, November 02, 2012

 

Memories.

Mostly a pleasurable day - but very gentle.
The bad parts of the day concern my dental work - of course. The benefits of yesterday's treatment wore off during yesterday evening. What could I do? This afternoon I popped over to the pharmacy and bought some stuff called Orajel with benzocaine. Oh lovely - just for a while my very painful gums could go numb.

The good part was putting together a group of photos concerning my schooling in the town. From village school, now gone, to my grammar school also gone.
Both amongst my own family and friends and those on the memories of the town page there has been much interest and comment.
That has been fun.
This evening I put them onto Flickr so that a couple of regular blog readers, who shared some of those experiences with me, can take a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monklandpaula/

The facebook group is constantly throwing up new pictures and comments. Today people have commented on pictures of the Queens square clock - the one with veteran cars. Apparently it is lying on its side in a field somewhere near Redhill aerodrome.
People (some people would like it brought back to the town).


Obviously taken before it ended up on its side.












Also a scrap heap of old cars that was in Stephenson Way.
I don't know anything about that.
It's a great group because people remember so many different things.
Having admitted that I have been a teacher in the town some have remembered me!

I am hoping that we both find the oomph and the energy to go to Ford in the morning. It can't be a long morning - maybe no breakfast in Littlehampton; we have to be back to take Harry to the vet. He still is not eating - despite looking interested at meal times. But he will eat a few Dreamies, which are crunchy. I am beginning to think he has the same anxiety that I have had/still have a bit.