Thursday, November 01, 2012

 

Memories of Crawley.

I saw Bill Clinton this morning. My dentist, that is.
He was very sympathetic and reminded me that it was still early days.
He filed the denture quite a bit and there is a good chance it will be more comfortable. I will see him again next Tuesday so that he can adapt it again if needed.
In about 6 weeks I will get a new permanent denture. The gums and bones have to settle into their final shape first.
I was somewhat heartened to learn that it can be be a pretty bad time for many people who have quite a lot of teeth out and a temporary denture.
I am sorry for all of them of course and have felt very sorry for myself.
This afternoon I began to feel a bit calmer - the shakes have eased.

And I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon looking at photographs.
Facebook has groups for people of similar interests. When Ashley found this picture I realised I ought to be involved  in another one.







I will merely say that this is the Southgate Avenue roundabout and I know the spot very well.
I don't know if the tricycle riders were doing some sort of stunt or charity event. I think probably they were.

The facebook group is called "Memories of Crawley". There are people involved of all ages and all walks of life - with good memories and good photographs. People have been taking pictures of all sorts of events and are sharing them. Buildings being demolished - or built; social groups; events; carnivals; work life;....so much.
People have been doing all sorts of things in the town.
I found a picture of Bill - a Southern Wheelers cycle club photo.
I shall share my photos with this group over time and want to copy many of the photos.
I'll find some of Jordans Social Club some time soon, Pete and Jean.

If you are a facebook person and an old Crawley person this group could be fun for you.