Sunday, October 28, 2012

 

Nothing much

What's the connection between a Carry On film and Nanny McPhee?
Well, they were both on TV today and I have watched the greater part of both of them.
Carry On Jack was a bit weak - didn't include many of the regular Carry On stars. I have seen Nanny McPhee more than once - and it still pleases.
So that was the sort of day it was.
I was glad to have the TV take my mind away from my mouth.
This morning I was feeling quite upset and tense and almost scared.
But there are improvements - on my right side. It is the left side which hurts. If the denture moves in  any small way then it knocks against the very tenderest points, which is where the injections went in.
I am having to take it out frequently, rinse my mouth in warm salt water and then glue it back in. Whilst it is not being moved by my bottom teeth or tongue and with the benefit of regular paracetamol it becomes bearable.
And I ate a bigger meal this evening, albeit just a spicy dish of rice.
Harry has drunk some milk today. I would be happier now to see him eat something - when he's ready I suppose.
Tomorrow is shop day. I must take salt with me and denture glue - so that I can keep the regime going. The shop might help me move away from this zone of not being able to think of much else than my mouth.
Here is a picture which surprised me.

No, I have not turned into a train spotter - though I do appreciate the magnificence of steam engines.



My brother just sent me this picture.
"When did I do that? " I wondered.
It looks like me.

It is not me - it is my mother on the footplate of a steam engine at Ventnor, Isle of Wight in 1965.

Everybody says I look like my mother.