Friday, October 19, 2012

 

Life on a grey day.

What a very wet and grey day!
It didn't stop raining.
I was tempted to go out and take photos of  autumn leaves dripping rain drops.
But, no! It was so uninviting out there.
So I typed "raindrops in autumn" into Google and looked at available images.
There are some beauties.
But I didn't want beauties - I wanted something to portray the miserable side to rain in autumn.

Yes, that's what it looked like.
Though we do have more leaves on the trees still.

































It has been hard to get going today.

I have spent a while researching West German pottery. I love it - finding it, owning it for a while and selling it too.
I have these 2 tiles by a Pottery named Ruscha (Rudolf Schardt).
I think I would like to have them in the shop to attract Bargain Hunt contestants.


Nothing grey about these items!







And finally, I did start printing photographs - haven't done any since the middle of July.
Hundreds have been taken, of course.
I shall select some of my favourites, images I am pleased with and add them to my album. It is very appealing to have an actual book of photographs.
Once I have used up the current stock of inks, I think I shall get another printer.
Not only does it drink ink at an alarming rate, I find that the paper feed is a bit haphazard and very frustrating.
Epson is very much out of favour with me.

The rain will stop overnight and I am very much looking forward to going to Ford tomorrow.