Wednesday, October 10, 2012

 

This was the first day.

I thought I had things cleverly planned.
I had seen the weather forecast for tomorrow - heavy rain from quite early in theday. This meant that a trip to Ford wouldn't be ideal.
Never mind....there is a regular Wednesday boot sale at Brighton racecourse.
Except that today it was cancelled - too much rain had made the ground too soggy.
We arrived to find nothing - except a couple of women with a car full of stuff to sell.
Were we the only people not to check the website?
We had always intended to go to The Marina afterwards and so we spent a little time there.
Of course today was the first day of the rest of our lives - lives that could be improved with some adjustments to lifestyle.
I was very happy to forego the traditional breakfast (1006 calories) and really enjoyed the sweet chilli noodles (356 calories).
Bill felt that an adjustment too far.
Thanks to Wetherspoons for providing calorie totals for all their foods.
We did a big shop in Asda at the marina - me reading every label for calories and fat. Petrol and diesel at Brighton Asda is the cheapest we know of....2p a litre cheaper than the cheapest in Crawley and some places are 5p a litre more.
I have to admit I haven't got round to very much that was useful for the rest of the day.
We did have to go out again for our flu jabs.
This evening I have watched more TV than normal.
I like Channel 4's The Food Hospital - just right for a change of lifestyle day.
I can afford to feel smug this evening.....but one day is not a lifetime; and I know that I shall have to be diligent for both of us for quite a while to come. The trick must be not to be too diligent, well not every day.
Today I can tell you that I have consumed 1340 calories, whilst Bill has had 2,144. These are both below the average amount needed to maintain weight; so, if we continue like today then weight must be lost and and well being will improve.
Do you know I feel a lot better already!!!
Then I watched Celia Imrie exploring her fascinating 17th century ancestors.