Monday, October 08, 2012

 

The day the Thais came to town.

I thought it was going to be one of those very empty days at the shop.
We hardly sold a thing during the morning.
The afternoon was very different.
For a moment I wondered if we were being visited by a princess - a Thai princess.
For those that hadn't heard the story, a Thai princess strolled into a large antiques centre in Essex, with her massive entourage, and proceeded to buy things for about 8 hours, spending at least £20,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213100/Princess-clears-shelves-antiques-raid-Thai-royal-spends-EIGHT-HOURS--20-000--buying-treasures-arcade.html

It was not an entourage that visited the shop today - it was 4 people from Thailand. There were 3 women and a man.
I wondered if one could have been the princess in plain clothes! She was very pretty.
We talked about Thailand, the vegetarian festival and other festivals and it was very pleasant.
Meanwhile I was wrapping and keeping accounts.
The total came to £250 and they had lots of small things.
Half of that was on a watch.
It is always a challenge when lots of things from various sellers are being bought....and that's the way I like it.
So with smiles and "Sawadee Ka" they went on their way. They will be on the night flight to Bangkok.

Monika came in for a while - with a lemon meringue pie from Waitrose. Lovely to see her and chat with her and lovely to eat the pie.

During the morning I arranged the chair I had bought with the 2 dolls I had bought last Thursday.




I like the way it looks like a mother and little boy relaxing at the afternoon tea table.
























It is the cobweb season. They are everywhere around the back garden - amazing feats of engineering, skill and beauty.
As I rushed to the car this morning (we were late), I grabbed my little camera and photographed one.