Sunday, September 30, 2012

 

Gentle activity.

Tomorrow it will be October - autumn truly has arrived.
I wanted a trip out today - but just a gentle one.
I had seen that there would be a car boot sale at Tulleys Farm today; they choose not to call it a car boot sale.....they hold "pre-loved sales"
We arrived early - my fault. I had read the sign outside the other day and remembered 10 o'clock, but it was due to start an hour later than that.
Never mind, the little cafe, in the barn, was already open and serving up breakfasts.
We just ordered a pot of tea for two. It was a big pot and we had 3 cups of tea each, which we enjoyed with a shared slice of bread pudding.
The car boot sale was small - and many of the couple of dozen stalls were selling children's things.
But we wandered around and met various people we knew and hadn't seen for ages.
One was Kate, who used to be a Rocking Horse dealer with me - over 4 years ago now.
She lives in East Grinstead and I told her of our happy trip on Friday. She knows CJ's the cafe we went to well. Her husband is known there as Number One, because he was their very first customer.
I came home with a few things to make a bit of profit.
Profit is such an abstract concept until it happens....it had better happen; I have invested over £200 in the last 3 days on future profits.
It was a pleasant and gentle morning.
This afternoon I wrote some of my new stock up and I have a box full for the shop tomorrow.
This evening our dinner centred on chicken en croute, with a Thai green curry sauce. Frozen food from Aldi. Oh my, that was tasty!
Aldi quality is worth travelling for.
There might have been pictures tonight - but they are still in the camera. I might save them up until the last day of October.
Tulley's Farm make a big thing of Hallowe'en. They have special events throughout the month leading up to the night. There will be a zombie gathering next Saturday. And of course their eyes are on profits and have a vast collection of Hallowe'en things to buy, which looked amazing. Somebody has a really good eye for display. Maybe I will get a pumpkin in.
Finally congratulations to my cousin, A, who has done a walk today in aid of care and research of Alzheimer's Disease. She has raised a goodly amount - and photos show a happy A, brimming with joy and pride.