Friday, September 21, 2012

 

Aunty Joyce.

How lovely....we are finding some time to catch up with family; it could inspire me to pick up the pieces of family history again.
Sad - I have forgotten so much that I learned; I shall have to go through all I have written and notes I have made.
And I shall need to beg to be instructed again on things like hyperlinking.
This time if I can get the bug, I might actually pay out to Ancestry.com - it might make things easier.
Today we have been with Aunty Joyce - on Bill's maternal side. She married Bill's mother's brother, Ned.
She is now 87 years old and as fit as a fiddle and as bright as a button.
Some years ago now we had arranged to visit and get the life story of Ned and Joyce. But it was that same week that Joyce's grandson was killed in a car crash.
That week was not the right time - and we have not yet picked up the pieces.
I think we will now; especially as Joyce has so recently been sorting out old photos.

The visit was not planned - but we were in the area, so decided to see if Joyce was at home.
This afternoon I had a blood test at the hospital - not the fasting one this time. I decided to wait until Bill get his form for that.
This one is for the urology team at East Surrey, who I see in 10 days time.
Then we went to the cemetary with a few flowers and some secateurs.
Bill arranged flowers and I dead headed marigolds planted by one of Bill's sisters.

Then to Joyce's for a cup of tea and chat - lots of family news to catch up with from that branch of the family.
We got talking about her family history - not strictly part of our line; but I might follow up a few bits for her.
Her grandfather was Samuel  Macey, born in Warnham. He married Alice Holman, born in Chaldon, Surrey.
Lovely afternoon.


She was younger then - probably 84 or 85.