Friday, September 14, 2012

 

Our life style guru.

Today Bill was visited by Gary - a lifestyle nurse attached to our surgery.
We seemed to become instant friends!
Lots of talk about collecting things, car boot sales (he goes to Ford), selling things, EBay experiences.
And in between time he was recording details of Bill's physical well being or lack of it.
Bill's blood pressure was very good - admirably controlled by Amlodipene.
He has a slight heart "fluttering". He will probably have to have an ECG test.
His blood sugar level was good too.
I am not sure how it happened - Gary checked my blood sugar levels too. Ouch, ouch, ouch! My sensitive neuropathy suffering finger didn't like it one little bit. But at 4.7 I could be very pleased with the result - certainly wouldn't appear that I need be checked further for diabetes.
Bill will have a cholestoral test.
Later on advice will be given concerning weight and Body Mass Index. He does slot in below the obese level, I think.
So, an interesting hour.
And so good that our doctors provide this service.
I have got more stuff written up - some of it will go to the shop tomorrow. We are doing a day for SK.

This is the Poole Pottery bowl I was researching yesterday.
Seems I got things right.
The date, the artist, the style.....and even the value.
I sent the picture to Mick, who sells Poole in the shop.










Sad that Bradley Wiggins is suffering gut problems....I know the feeling. I had been looking forward to seeing him on Sunday when we marshall the Tour of Britain Cycle Race in Reigate. Ah well, there will be other heroes.