Thursday, September 06, 2012

 

Green with envy and old folks by the sea side.

I have to admit it, I am green with envy tonight.
I so yearned to be in the Olympic Stadium........from the moment I knew that Jonny Peacock would be running the 100 metre final, for those with prosthetic blades, I yearned to be there.
He won!
So did David Weir.
So did Hannah Hopcroft.
Superstars!
Super noise and atmosphere. Super joy.

But it has been a lovely day for us anyway.
We went to Ford. I was looking for a table for my enlarged area. Pity I let a small kitchen table go - he who hesitates is lost.
I did buy a 60's style teak tea trolley - it will be for sale, and in the meantime will be useful to display things on.
We both bought lots of interesting things.

We breakfasted well - as usual. Just 24 days left for The Balaton.We spent a while talking about what they will be doing next. A couple are hoping to get jobs at Butlins (Bognor). Their gain I would say.
We didn't get our usual table by the window. Boo!
But a lovely couple were there before us.
We got chatting to a very elegant looking older man and his lady. She had been in the Olympic Stadium on Tuesday night - probably not far from us.

Proving that old doesn't have to be boring and lifeless.



















The old have taken over Littlehampton - taken it back from all the young summer visitors.


I am sure they are lovely and not at all boring once you get to know them.
But they do look a bit lifeless.

















Not so old - but very lifeless!














I call this "Lady in Waiting". She had made a bit of an effort for the friends who joined her, sitting by the river.



















The hat adds some character.
He seems to be enjoying life and finding pleasures and humour where he can.


















Not really old - in his 50's.
He talked and talked and talked - sort of Alan Bennet like.
He talked about all sorts of people in his family by name - as if we knew who he was talking of.
He added quirky snippets about all their daily lives.















Shopping list or postcards to family and neighbours?
She was glad of a sit down anyway - look, she has undone her sensible shoes.
At least she keeps busy.
He looks kind of wistful......is this what imagined for my life?













I love getting to know people - either through conversation or through my pictures/