Saturday, September 01, 2012

 

Today's chatter.

It was hardly more than an hour after I went to sleep that the alarm bell rang.
It had been a bad night; not just one of those things. There was a cause.
Two days ago I ran out of decaff tea bags and so, thinking it would only be for a short while, I made tea using Bill's lifeboat tea. Now I love lifeboatmen - my cousin once removed in particular, but the good strong tea  caused me to have no sleep. Indeed, I felt quite hyper. I read, I did sudoku puzzles, listened to the radio. I was actually yearning for a cup of tea!
Finally I was dozing - and dreaming a very weird dream.
The alarm went off to get us out of bed to go to Ford. We don't seem to have been for a while.
I came back with some interesting things.
I half looked at small furniture - but at that stage I didn't know what might be happening in the shop.
Later, Stephen had made a decision and phoned me. I will be joining in the musical chairs palaver that a number of people are involved in.
I will have a bigger space.
It will be for about a year which is when Pilgrims will have to close to make way for the new developments proposed by the recent purchaser. Probably.
We have watched more cycling and athletics. And bother, you can't see everything and therefore I have not shared in Ellie Simpson, the attractive and lively young woman with dwarfism winning her gold medal in the swimming pool.
Lots of random thoughts fall into my head as these games proceed.
All the competitors are so attractive - beautiful even. I am thinking that understanding the depths to which life can go, turning it all around and finding a sense of purpose creates an inner strength. That inner strength is what is shining through as beauty.
It also comes through as a contentment with who one is.
So when I look at myself in a mirror and acknowledge that the person I see has some beauty and contentment, I realise it comes from my own knowledge of the depths.
I sorted out my flickr page today. There are now 2 ways to view my pictures - choose from the random stream as pictures are posted or use this web address to get you through the subject headings that I have so far used.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monklandpaula/sets/
Time for bed - must have my wits about for my last chiefdom of the summer track season. I will be chief for the final of the Sussex Under 13s Athletics League. It's a mini Olympics - with a parade of the athletes.