Friday, August 31, 2012

 

Paralympics continued.

Not much to write today.
I hope you can see lots of pictures, though.
I put my pictures from yesterday and Bill's pictures onto Flickr. There are far too many to blog.
I do hope this web site will take you to them, if you are interested.
Apologies that they are the wrong way round. Next time I will remember to post them in reverse order.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monklandpaula/

Actually I have not done Bill's photos yet - they all need reducing in size.

This afternoon I spent my time in the velodrome once again - courtesy of Channel 4.
It was noticeable that they drowned out all the extraneous loud noises....and the heat!
So, in many ways more comfortable - but somehow you can't beat being there. But it felt all the more special because I had been there.

This evening I will spend inside the stadium. One of our local athletes will be in the 200m final at 8.20. We have timed Sophia Warner on more than one occasion and earlier in the year she broke the European record for her category at the Crawley track.

Maybe I will change the order of the photos before bedtime - it annoys me as it is now. The slide show makes no sense. But its' time for food and athletics first.