Tuesday, September 11, 2012

 

My section in Pilgrim Antiques, Dorking.

My work is done - well, the big task for the week has been completed.
My "new" section in the antiques shop is finished and looking good. People who have seen it really approve.
And I love it, of course.
I think Bill thought we would be there for a couple of hours only - but there was far too much chatting, laughing and eating and cups of team to get things done quickly.
It has been such fun.
We were there for almost 5 hours!
Here are some pictures.
I used to have a small section of wall and I used a shelf unit to create and L shaped space. It was really quite cramped and customers were hidden from view whilst they browsed my shelves.
Now I am using almost the entire length of the wall for my shelves. It looks much brighter and more open.










This is the view you see as you come up the 3 steps into the back room.


The picnic set on the trolley stands out.
The picnic set is brand new, never been used. There is a neatly folded linen table cloth in the case.

I bought the trolley last Thursday at Ford, knowing that I would need some pieces to stand in front of the shelves.













































This shows my section as seen from the back door of the shop.






























Mistress of my world!


































I am very happy with what I have created - a mini shop within a shop.



























Now I just have to sort out all the stock I bought since the end of July and start selling on EBay again and my "business" world will be back to normal.