Thursday, September 27, 2012

 

Teeth and Thai fun

It's just beginning to hurt!
My mouth.
It is three and a half hours since I sat in the dentist's chair, with that feeling of life not being quite real.
Maybe that was my nerves or maybe it was the pint of Guinness.
Knowing that I wouldn't be eating much this evening (maybe a cuppa soup), I decided that a good lunch was what I needed.
A good, cheap lunch.
So, off to The Jubilee Oak, the Crawley Wetherspoons.
It is Thursday - curry club day.
I love the sweet potato, chick pea and spinach curry - not too powerful. It comes with rice, naan bread, poppadoms and mango chutney......and a drink of my choice. Today the drink of my choice was Guinness.
It was very good.
Gave me a real lift - I was up for anything!
We popped home to collect Teddy. My Teddy has accompanied me to a number of difficult medical appointments in the last 20 years; it's a wonder he hasn't been squeezed to death.
He sat on my lap and I held his arms - gripping tighter and tighter as the needles went in.
The first two teeth came out with ease - didn't notice their going.
The third one, right at the back had a hooked root and was more awkward.
I saw the three of them - terrible looking specimens. I am better off without them.
And I felt fine.
Still amuses me that the Thai for teeth is "fun".
Now I wait a month to return for impressions of the top of my mouth so that a new, full denture, can be made. Then I  can have the 5 remaining top teeth out - ooh, there will be lots and lots of needles.
The partial denture will not be done for 6 months - giving plenty of time for those bottom gums to heal.
I have rested for the afternoon.....and of course, the pain has set in.
Time for some pain killers.
Tomorrow is another day.
Talking of Thailand......here are the Thai Monks.