Tuesday, September 25, 2012

 

Getting sorted.

All is well.... so far, no cold has developed.
Life can stay that way.
Today after a brief trip out, we have been gently sorting things.
We got up late - but hadn't made tea and biscuits to have in bed. So, we decided this was a good morning to enjoy a trip to the vampires in the phlobotomy unit.
Our fasting blood tests have been done.
Have I got diabetes? I don't think so. My calcium and vitamin D levels are also being checked.
Has Bill got high cholesterol? We shall see.

I have spent a long while sorting photos from our lovely reunion on Sunday.
That restaurant was not a good place for photos - the light was very subdued.
Then I uploaded them to Flickr - but forgot that if I want them to tell a story (be in chronological order) I should start at the end.
So I had to do it again.
The photos can be found, either on my general page or in a set for just the Sunday pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monklandpaula/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=sets

Feel free to have a look - but if you weren't a Maria Grey girl 50 years ago then you will not know the people.

Bill is also sorting photos - working out what he wants to print from the last 3 months.
I still have that to do - I should limit myself to just my very favourite photos.
I still want to get some photo books printed - but haven't got around to that yet.

We have sorted out shop sales and accounts. Bill has arranged the direct debit for the new rent which we will be paying for the shop. I just have to sort out my extra time - on Saturdays.

BUT - I haven't begun to sort out all the things I bought at Ford last Saturday.
There are Picture Post magazines, a conical jelly mould, a 1950s blanket (yes, I will send you a picture, Peter in Germany), books, kitchenalia etc etc. The bottle of beer is for my shelf in the bedroom - the shelves which house my Olympic collection - a special ale for the 1984 Olympics.
I must start checking on EBay to see what mementos I can get cheap for the 2012 games.

And now I want a cup of tea.