Saturday, September 29, 2012

 

This was Saturday.

I do like spending money!
Finding things at a car boot sale that I like and I feel will bring profit to me is very satisfying.
This morning I did a lot of buying at Ford.
Maybe I will do  a few photographs tomorrow.
And afterwards.....it was time for breakfast; back to dine amongst the regulars at The George (Littlehampton Wetherspoons).
The same people were there that we had chatted with through last winter......except one. What had happened to Jim?
Poor Jim, a gentle soul, was suffering from dementia. Had it become much more pronounced during the summer? Had he passed on?
His wife was there, looking relaxed.
And she could afford to look relaxed - Jim was being cared for at the local hospice for a week;  just a week. This was giving her some time to sell the caravan that they had used often on the Isle of Wight.
Soon we were walking along by the river - passing the now boarded up Balaton.
I love that river. We had not seen the tide so high before.....would that be a full harvest moon high tide?
Later we both realised how tired we felt. I felt run down, drained of energy. I had been advised by the dentist to take things easy for a couple of days, but of course I have grasped at interesting things to do.
I could do with a solid night's sleep too.
I shall take some pain killers soon and head off for bed. I've got tooth ache! Well, that's what it feels like.
It should settle down soon.