Tuesday, October 16, 2012

 

Routine for me - but not for Gary.

Today I sold some things on EBay - left it a long time before listing things again after the summer.
Sales will not be contributing much to the holiday fund, but at least I have got back into the swing of things.
And the routine tends to involve a walk to the post office to post parcels.
Two were paid for by 4 o'clock, so off we strolled.
Another had been paid for on our return - but that buyer will have to wait until tomorrow.
I had planned to describe and list some more things....that, too, will have to wait until tomorrow.
I fell asleep instead of working.

I was concerned this morning, but relieved later on. I had worried about the harshness of the US legal system and hoped that Gary McKinnon would never be sent there.
He did wrong, it is true - but I wonder if he was aware of the enormity of what he was doing.
And if could hack into the American security system - then so could anybody else with computer skills.
The Americans should be thankful that he did it first.