Monday, October 22, 2012

 

Bargains and teeth

Wednesday - and suddenly West Street in Dorking will become the focus of the BBC.
Bargain Hunt will be in town.
A couple of pairs of contestants with a so called expert in tow will battle it out to find things in the West Street antique centres to see if any can make a profit on their finds, when they sell at auction. Each team will have £300 to spend.
I think 2 such programmes may be made on the day.
So an extra £1200 will floating around the street on Wednesday.
Surely some will find its way into the Pilgrims Antiques coffers.
Better still - into my purse.

Today was time to make ready.
It involved a little change round of my stock. If contestants, experts or the programme producers are after some vintage/retro items they need look no further than my section.
It is looking good.
I don't actually know who decides what things should be bought. They might have been previously selected before the contestants are let loose.
I would like to know.
It was always my intention to be in the shop on Wednesday to see what goes on.
We have to open up at 8 o'clock in the morning.
As I contemplate my teeth "adventures" this week, I begin to wonder if I would want to be there.
But on Wednesday there will be no pain - only embarrassment.
I can put up with that, surely.
You see, tomorrow I shall go to the dentist for impressions to be made of my upper teeth and gaps. There are only 5 teeth there - spread all round the mouth. I will leave my present denture with the dentist to be sent with the impressions to the dental technician.
This will leave me with those 5 teeth - and a huge gap at the top in the middle, with "fangs" on either side.
I think I shall be on soup for at least 48 hours.
On Wednesday I shall certainly not be looking my best - try not to smile, Paula. Keep your mouth shut!
At least it wouldn't be false modesty that will prompt me to demand that I am not filmed for television.
I wouldn't seek out the limelight, but wouldn't shy away if I was needed.
But no way would I allow me and my fangs to be filmed.
Being in the shop would take my mind off Thursday - which can't be a bad thing.
That's when the 5 teeth will be pulled......and I get a full denture back.

Interesting week ahead!