Saturday, October 27, 2012

 

Cold Sun

Cold! But, of course, not as cold as in the north.
There has been snow falling into the Newcastle garden of the northern family. It has probably stopped now.
Our cold was whipped up by the northern wind, but the sun was shining for a while.

I had been troubled in the night by the denture - finally taking it out for a while.
So we got up late. I felt too fragile for the car boot sale and I felt sure we would have felt very cold.
Later I thought I should get out for a while; so we went to Wakehurst Place.
That wind had a very sharp edge to it.
We had hardly started our walk when I was beginning to yearn for its end!
In some sheltered spots, though, it didn't feel too bad.
We walked, took a few photographs and then it was time for home. My mouth was hurting again.

Here are my few pictures.

Fallen leaves.




















Golden needles.





















Autumn colours.



















Autumn leaf, waiting to die.



















Autumn leaves on the stream




















Bee sculpture.
Look at that sky!
It must be hard for our Thai family to understand that we can have a sky like that and yet it is also pretty damn cold.














Nature's sculpture.




















Toadstool like a marble sculpture.





















This afternoon I was busy with EBay. I have made something to put towards the holiday fund this time, for sure.
Things have sold well - my books have not.
The best seller was the box of handkerchiefs with George best on the lid......and that was just a bit beyond my comprehension.
The bidding stopped at £97.

Dinner for me was mashed root vegetables again with some scrambled egg.
Still on the soft stuff.
I couldn't even manage my dunked chocolate digestive this afternoon.
Certainly a boost to my plans to lose a little weight.
Harry cat still hasn't eaten anything. I have bought him some full cream milk - but he doesn't even trust that yet.
Having lots of teeth out is not easy, little puss......and I should know.