Friday, October 26, 2012

 

Sore mouths for two.

There are 2 of us with sore mouths tonight.
I quite understand that Harry cat had a second thought about eating anything. He was interested when I put the food under his nose - but changed his mind.
He had 6 teeth out today.
He is not particularly troubled now by the anaesthetic - but has slunk back to his favourite stair to be quiet. Though his purring tells us that he likes to be interrupted with a stroke and a cuddle.
I am OK - still quite painful.
I just can't manage to bite into food at all. The denture puts too much pressure on the wounds.
I cut a grape into 4 quarters - but couldn't manage to eat any.
I have had soup 3 times today with a little bread broken into it.
I really enjoyed a chocolate digestive well dunked into my cup of tea. It was soft enough then to almost melt on my tongue.
I have removed the denture for cleaning and to rinse my mouth with warm salt water. Putting the plate back in was painful - once again too much pressure on the wounds.
I know it will settle - so these are very temporary winges.
As predicted, Harry's teeth cost more than mine. I guess it wasn't outrageous at £237, though made Bill wonder if a cat was worth that much. Hard man.
His vet has had a bad day too. In fact he thought he might have broken some teeth - just to be in the fashion.
He was kicked by a horse today. He had a syringe between his teeth as he tried to steady the horse - a syringe he was about to use. The horse kicked, the syringe broke and Lawrence had his mouth full of shrapnel - which he first thought was broken teeth. I like this vet - he likes to chat.
We will see him again next Wednesday.