Saturday, September 10, 2011

 

Saturday with energy.

Somehow oomph has carried me through today - a busy day.
It has been a long and varied day.
We were up at 6 o'clock - still almost dark at that time now.
Ford was busy and I was busy buying.
I bought over 100 books from one stall.
He was a house clearance man - somebody now had no need of hundreds and hundreds of books relating to transport - and DVDs, videos, photographs.
I was not alone in creating a vast pile of books to take away.
Others also have outlets - maybe also EBay.


I doubt that these books (and maps) will get written up before we go to Thailand - certainly not sold before then.
They cost me 65p each. They should sell for an average of £3 each.





So, almost immediately I was pushing the trolley back to the car.
But not before buying 2 1950s blankets for a pound each.
Now isn't that always the way?
Yesterday the carrier came to collect 2 blankets for a German buyer and not much more than 12 hours later I have 2 more.




There are the blankets with a wonderful 1950s 60s dish displayed on them, which, incidentally was made in Germany.



















The next item to be displayed on the blankets was one of those must have items.
I saw it from a distance away and knew it would be mine (for a while).
I didn't even know what it was at first.

I thought it was just a 1950s fruit bowl upside down on something.
But no - it's a lampshade; quite unlike any I have seen before.
I have the opriginal chain, too, to suspend it from the ceiling.












Another item to suspend is a 1960s wall hanging - a pottery wall hanging.


I love it!

I feel that today I have really boosted my stock for the coming winter months with some very interesting things.













Of course, we enjoyed a breakfast in Littlehampton. Our Balaton breakfasts will soon end. We may be with them perhaps 3 times before the family enjoy their 3 month long winter break.
We walked along the river.
Today we saw large gravel boats. With the high tide this made it necessary to open the sliding footbridge.

And then we went to Findon.
What would the sheep fair be?
It was huge and popular and really buzzing. I loved it. I look forward to going again next year.
We talked with all sorts of people - and were there at the time that children were showing sheep in the show rings.
We stayed until it rained a bit.
We took lots of photographs - which I will sort out tomorrow. Bill can only sort them out on this computer, because he hasn't got his back yet.
We talked over breakfast about whether this is the time to replace that old machine.
Well, this isn't the time.....it would have to wait until "after Thailand".

Since then we have eaten bits and pieces and drunk endless cups of tea and watched TV.
Yes, it's winter Saturday evening time.
Dr. Who was good this week - interesting that The Doctor can often take a fairly minor role. The love story between Amy and Rory was very central today.
Interesting, too, is that if I had had my way then our Ashley might have been named Rory. That would have been 2 sons with the names of Dr Who assistants!

Now, time for another cup of tea and then an early night.
I shall be up to go to Pease Pottage in the morning. It won't be a long day out - far too much to do at home.

Labels: