Sunday, September 04, 2011

 

The Happy Couple

What a lovely day!
No, no....don't get any ideas of glorious sunshine.
The garden, the gazebo and the barbecue were ignored as we all stayed indoors and ignored some torrential rain.
We have been celebrating the Ruby Wedding anniversary of my brother and his wife.
Bill took the wedding photos on that day 40 years ago - and it was refreshing to see just how good they were.
Somehow or other, though, we don't have a single copy of any of the photos.
Sorry, Roger, but I think you will have send a selection from your files.
If I had had a photo from that day, I would have started with one.
But I do have a photo of the wedding outfits.






























Sue also had a large floppy hat - so very "on trend" for 1971.

And here is the happy couple today.

More pictures were taken. Some will appear tomorrow.
Bill joined a few others walking to meet an R & S nephew off the train and he took a few pictures in Great Missenden High Street.

I was feeling a bit tired and fragile and enjoyed resting on the comfy sofa.

When we got home I continued to feel fragile - too many roast potatoes last evening maybe?
I collapsed on the sofa and watched George Gently for an hour or so.

Thank to Simon and Nicki for arranging the day. I hope Nicki, you feel less fragile yourself in the morning.