Saturday, September 03, 2011

 

Tidying up.

I had the urge that I would like the day to be an eventful day.
But actually we opted to stay at home.
I have done lots of tidying.
The dining room table is now clear - though that did involve me moving the books to the table in the lounge. I had intended to deal with them during X Factor.
Did I stay awake during all of it?
I certainly feel like sleeping right now.
Tomorrow I shall take the sorted letters - those written by my parents, to my brother.
I am ready to let them go now.
The intense week has opened my eyes and in other ways confirmed things I already knew.
I think that this time spent in the past will add to my grounded feeling as I deal with the present and future.
Tomorrow will be a day with hints of the past.
We will be celebrating my brother's Ruby Wedding anniversary. The event was almost a month ago - but this has been the first weekend when people could get together.
I hope the weather will be kind to us all in Great Missenden.
Sadly, the forecast is not very good. I think I should abandon ideas of going to a car boot sale at 7 o'clock.

I will finish with  a great nephew picture - just because I like it.
It was taken in Cornwall.