Wednesday, September 07, 2011

 

Teeth and animals.

Wake up Grandma!
I have been dozing through a David Attenborough animal programme.

This morning I was at the dentist.
He mended minor faults in two teeth. He certainly accepts that my 5 remaining top teeth are in very poor shape and one day another one will have to be removed.
In view of my latest medication, dentist has now agreed that when one needs to be extracted, then the remaining 4 can also go.
I have alendronic acid now for osteoporosis.
This medication impedes the healing process, making tooth extraction a little more of an issue.
If people have alendronic acid by injection then they must be hospitalised for even minor dental surgery.
Probably I might have to be hospitalised to have 5 out.
But this is all in the future.
The dentist prefers to save existing teeth, where possible.

I came home to talk with Ashley.
He was bravely dealing with a sad event.
He had been sitting with the cat, Jacob on his lap - trying to comfort a cat that was obviously not well. And Jacob died.

Here is Jacob a little earlier this year, running round the garden with Ecky.
Young E is likely to be feeling very upset this evening - having come home from a first day back at school (same school - but in a brand new building) to be faced with sad news.


Bill packed up 2 blankets for me - 1950s style blankets to be sent to Germany.
The box will be collected tomorrow by Parcelflight - cheaper than Royal Mail for a heavy parcel going abroad.
Here is a selection from his collection.
If you have anything like this, he is wanting more.
They look so good together.

Finally I have written up all the recent purchases.

I shall stop now and hope that I stay awake during So Who Do You Think You Are? Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of us amateur genealogists could walk into libraries or offices and have some expert do all the work for us.