Sunday, April 10, 2011

 

Routine Sunday work and falling asleep.

Sunday evening, the roast dinner has been cleared away, The Antiques Roadshow is on TV and I was sleeping soundly on the sofa.

This morning I went off alone to a car boot sale. I have been assuring Bill for ages that it is quite possible for me to do this!
He stayed home to watch that procession of cars in Malaysia, otherwise known as an entertaining motor race.
Sadly I joined another procession of cars in Sussex.
The Sunday morning boot sales in fields organised by today's company alternate between 2 sites.
I took the back lanes round to one site to avoid the queues.
But it was at the other site!
I should have used my brain and gone round a back way, but hurried on, so as not to be late.
It took me well over half an hour in a queue to get onto the field.
It was very busy.
I resolved to completely avoid all the stalls that looked like they would not have the kind of things I was interested in. It still took me 2 hours to get round.
I bought just a few things at very reasonable prices and was glad, in the end, that I  had persevered and made it onto the site.
If nothing else, I can view a couple of hours outdoors with sun on my arms and legs as being dosed with Vitamin D.

I am very grateful to Bill, that whilst I was out he was able to wrap my EBay items ready for posting.
We have a box full of parcels ready for the morning.

I spent the afternoon idly watching the European gymnastics championships and busily writing up almost everything that has been bought this weekend.

Time now for bed.
I wish Roger and Sue a good time in Devon.
I hope that Lesley has had a happy birthday.