Thursday, March 31, 2011

 

Dealing with changes

Changes!
Why must we have them?
The blog page has altered....I grappled with it earlier on when I did the Pilgrims Antiques Blog.
In the past I up loaded all the pictures I wanted and wrote my text around the pictures in the appropriate place.
Now I shall have to see if I can write first and then add a picture.

But first - here is the link to the shop blog. This week I looked at Monika's section.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

I think I shall soon adjust to the change because I have more ability to display pictures in a variety of ways.

Now lets see what happens when I put in a picture.
Great! It popped in at the place where I had got to - not at the top, like it always used to.

I bought this tea pot - the old woman who lived in the shoe - last Saturday.


I wanted another picture - just to establish the new way of working.
And now I am not feeling resentful about the changes!
It works well.
This pictures was taken March 1971 - 40 years ago.
Somewhere close by was Bill, with camera of course and a baby Ashley in the pram.



Today we have acquired things - food items. We have shopped at Lidl.
We came home with the beef wellington that we had planned to have at Christmas.
And this afternoon I have arranged to clear out things.
As many know I used to do lots of jigsaw puzzles of the collectable kind.
I used to sell them well - so my pleasure in sorting them turned into a profit.
But I have not done jigsaws for a while - too busy with the computer I guess.
Last week, when we did the car boot sale, I took the details of a woman who said she would like to have them if I didn't want them any more.
I now have 6 boxes, containing about 80 puzzles which we will deliver on saturday.
She is going to pay me £20 for them - and this is money that will go to charity. I will discuss this with her (a lovely lady) and we can chooses something we both would like to support.
I still have about 40 waiting to be done - and hopefully these will sell.

Labels: